Terms and Conditions
The website http://canyouescape.co.uk hereinafter the website is owned and operated by Can You Escape Ltd., hereinafter the company. The company holds the right to amend or vary the terms and conditions below including
any of the contents of this website from time to time at its sole discretion without prior notice.
- 1.1. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect your statutory rights.
- 1.3 The trade marks and logos displayed on the website are the property of the company. You are not permitted to use these without a written consent of the company and you accept that any such use may constitute an infringement of the relevant proprietor’s rights.
- 1.4. These terms and conditions and any contract concluded incorporating these terms and conditions shall be governed by Scottish law and all disputes shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
- 1.5. The website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites . The operation of those websites is out of the company’s control and you may use them at your own risk. The company accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any use of those websites.
- 1.6. The company collects and stores your personal details without disclosing it to any 3rd party and is dedicated to ensure that the privacy of your personal information is protected in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- 1.7. Due to the nature of the game no recordings can be taken inside the room. That includes (without limitation) the use of mobile phones, recording devices (video and/or audio) and cameras. The use of such a device in the room is not permitted at any time.
- 1.8. The company expects visitors not to disclose any details of the game directly or indirectly to the public.
- 1.9. The company may contact you from time to time with offers and promotions via email or phone.
- 1.10. The company is entitled to charge the guests for any damage which is intentional and/or caused by misuse of items.
- 1.11. While your are on our premises, you must ensure to conform to our codes and regulations, adopt proper standards of behaviour, and cooperate with our employees.
- 1.12. The company doesn’t tolerate any kind of bullying or harassment towards its employees.
- 2.1. The only language available for the conclusion of a contract online is English.
- 2.2. Only person(s) who are at least 18 years of age are permitted to book a Game.
- 2.3 This is a live event game, and once the booking is confirmed, we can not accept any cancellations, reschedules or give any refunds. If we do, it will be solely at our discretion.
- 2.4. Any purchase on the website is only valid when processed by the company. You shall receive a confirmation once your booking is processed.
- 2.5. If you wish to transfer your booking(s) into someone else’s name, you must contact the company by either email or telephone at least two hours prior to the start of your booking. Your request may not be honoured and can be denied.
- 2.6. Bookings may not be transferred or resold for commercial purposes or at a premium. If a booking is transferred or resold in breach of this condition, the bearer of the booking or the person claiming the right to attend the event will be refused admission.
- 2.7. You are entirely responsible for entering your details correctly on the Online Booking Form.
- 2.8. A booking becomes a no-show and entry will be declined if the team is late 30 minutes or more. In such a situation the money is not refundable and the booking is not changeable.
- 2.9. If you are late for more than 30 minutes of the original starting time of your booking, the reservation becomes a no-show automatically and you will be refused entry.
3. PRICE AND PAYMENT
- 3.1. The price of a game is stated on the website under the booking section.
- 3.2. The price is set according to number of people within the same booking
- 3.4. We process all of our payments via an online payment processor called STRIPE
- 3.5. Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- 3.6. In case less people attending the event than it is booked for, the price difference will not be refunded.
- 3.7. If more people attending the game than it is booked for the price difference can be settled upon arrival to the event - up to the maximum capacity of the room.
- 4.1. If you need to contact the company you can do so using any of the following methods:
Telephone: 0131 5101158
- 5.1. Each attendee will be instructed before their event by one of the employee of the company. After learning the rules of the event, each attendee will participate in the event at their own risk. The company is not liable for any (personal or equipment) damages caused by not following the rules described before the event and signaged in the escape room.
- 5.2. Some parts of our games contain a physical element to them; each attendee will participate in the event at their own risk. The company is not liable for any (personal or equipment) damages caused.
- 5.3. People under influence of alcohol or drugs might be turned away and their game stated as no-show.
- 5.4. Drinks and food may not be brought into the event.
- 5.5. To be admitted you must confirm the full name of the booker and might be asked to confirm phone number and email address the booking confirmation was sent to.
6. WEBSITE USE AND SECURITY
- 6.2 The terms and conditions apply to the use of the website by any visitor and should be read carefully before any use.
- 6.3. The company does its best to supply you with the most up to date and accurate information on the website.
- 6.4. The website is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information obtained from this website without the written consent of the company.
- 6.5. You are not permitted to link to, or use all, or any part of the the website for any purpose which is fraudulent, unlawful, defamatory, harmful, obscene or objectionable.
- 6.6. You accept that the Internet is not fully secure. The company will take all appropriate steps to protect your information.
- 6.7. The company shall not be liable to any person for any direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages, including (without limitation) lost profits or revenues, loss of opportunity, costs of replacement goods or services, loss or damage to data or business interruption, arising out of any use of the website.
- 7.1. Photos of each team will be taken at the beginning and at the end of the game.
- 7.2. Photos of each teams will be stored on our server (Google docs).
- 7.3. Photos will be uploaded to our social media channels.
- 7.4. If you would like your photo removed from any channel then please notify us of this either at the venue or via email - email@example.com
- 7.5. Unless requested by you not to do so, we reserve the right to use photos taken at the venue for promotional materials.
8. OUTDOOR EVENTS
From time to time we will run one off events and these will be mainly held outside. There are some specific conditions that apply to these games:
- 8.1. You shall be responsible to wear the proper and suitable attire including but not limited to footwear and clothing before the commencement of any event.
- 8.2. You understand that outside events will go ahead in all weathers with the exception of extreme weather conditions, in the event of extreme weather conditions Can You Escape will endeavour to let customers know as soon as possible if the event is to be cancelled.
- 8.3. Whilst all our activities are as safe as they can be given their inherent physical dangers, it MUST be understood that all safety instructions, directions, warnings and all other instructions must be followed at all times during your time at the venue. You must not attempt to go beyond your capabilities or engage in risky or daring behaviour other than what is involved in the activity itself. It is a given that you undertake the activity with the full understanding of the risks involved and accept responsibility for your own safety together with that of any minors for whom you have responsibility.
- 8.4. By taking part in our live escape game you agree that you are medically fit and well to do so.
- 8.5. If you are in any doubt about the suitability of the activity for you, you must check with your GP prior to making any booking.